The Department of Marketing is now accepting applications for the Jon M. Pyzyk Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship is for marketing majors with evidence of financial need. The amount of the scholarship is $1,100.
The Jon M. Pyzyk Memorial Scholarship was developed to assist students who, in addition to basic intellectual abilities, exhibit a high level of energy, focused drive, and an obvious desire to succeed. We believe this drive is best exhibited by those students who are more active than most in extracurricular activities. In deciding the relative merit of the applicant and final selection, the candidate will submit (1) a completed application form, (2) a résumé, and (3) a short essay in support of your qualifications for this scholarship.
Qualifications of candidates:
- Junior or Senior declared Marketing Major in the College of Business & Economics with evidence of financial need.
- Accepted, registered student at UWW who maintains an overall academic GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Recipient must remain in good academic standing, as prescribed by the University, for continuation of the scholarship. Recipient shall forfeit all rights of the scholarship, and the money shall revert to the fund, if full-time enrollment is discontinued or failure to maintain good academic standing is shown.
- Enthusiastic participation in UWW campus organizations.
- An essay demonstrating student qualifications, based upon involvement in campus organizations, career plans, and financial need.
- Awarded annually; renewable, with new application.
To apply, submit a scholarship application form with your résumé and essay attached to the Marketing Department in Hyland Hall 3300 by 4pm on April 1, 2014.